May 21, 2015

Following up on yesterday's thoughts and emotions, now as I am looking on the horizon of what to do next for my community I have begun to think about working with art ventures and how to bring art and literature to under served youth. 

I moved recently and now reside on the North Shore in Beverly, MA and that has given me an opportunity to put myself out there and do some volunteer work. I began to work at the Peabody Essex Museum as a volunteer working with family and children programs. That experience training in the museum this past fall has motivated me toward other volunteer opportunity on the North Shore. 

I also joined the Salem Artists Association to better understand how art is made, how artists think, who artists hang out with and why people make art and music. I have been exposed to a great deal of education about the creative economy and what it means to take an area like Salem, Beverly, Gloucester, Rockport and the like and use the arts to transform these communities. 

What a great move and what a great time to be thinking about how to incorporate the arts into my next 10-15  year community service horizon or maybe even with work and career. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter