May 26, 2015

Outing Myself

Myself and an unnamed member of my family found ourselves in Francesca's on Saturday. I somehow transformed from the super realistic, practical, very conscience shopper to a kid in a candy shop. The colors, the patterns, the choices, the cuteness of it all made me giddy. And we shopped, and we bought and we delighted in the many new things. 

Two learning's from the afternoon. Younger folk than myself love fast fashion. They live and breath the moment. What is on trend, what is cute, what is it they want (NEED) for summer. It is all about the NOW. 

There is no question which sounds like, when will I wear this? will I wear it more than once this season? what is it made of? who made it? is it going to last? 

Heck, they don't really want to wear it more than once this season, they don't care if it lasts because it is a cute trend item, they have no idea to even ask the question who made it, how did they work and what did they make it from. 

I may have totally missed out on a teaching moment but reflecting back I realize it may have been a moment of teaching upon deaf ears. The young simply don't care about the fast fashion issues and adults simply pick their battles. With all that is going on in the world of pre-teens, teens, and young adults are we really going to battle over sweat shop garments at cheap prices. It was a reality moment when I realized it is not worth getting into the topic over so many other things that need to be discussed. That made me sad. Maybe next time I will have more courage to open the discussion but this time I just blissed out on color and cuteness and a happy teenager. 


No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter