October 7, 2009

Miranda Priestly aka Anna Wintour aka Meryl Streep aka Lisa

Dear Diary,

How does it come to pass that an innocent purchase of 2 shots of espresso over ice in a tall cup at Starbucks in Newton Center turns into the young man serving me stating that I must hear this all the time. Do I know that I look just like the lady in the movie Devil Wears Prada (Miranda Priestly) only a nicer version! - Ya right!

What is the first thing that goes through my head - "How old does this kid think I am"...then, "Do I really look anything at all like Meryl Streep"?

So I responded in kind with the usual, when asked do you know who you look like?
My usual response is and was this morning: "No, but I hope that it is somebody good"!
Then when I am told whom I am a dead ringer for I say: "Well...I wish I had her money and her clothes." ... and "Oh I am glad you think that I am a nicer Anna Wintour".

Laughter all around from the staff and customers, ha ha ha !!!

I ask you is this why I have no dates, do men think I am the devil wearing Prada?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter