May 5, 2008

The Ralph Lauren Spring Windows

The blog is especially short and sweet this week. I have been fighting sinus infection, cold and flu for over a week, it started on 4/27 and I ended up in bed from Friday nite through this morning out straight.

Feature this- Last Friday night 6:30pm three of us girls walking from Dartmouth Street garage over to Newbury Street in the worst of the rain headed to Gallery NAGA 67 Newbury Street to view Cheryl Warrick’s fabulous art works.The rain, cold, damp weather penetrates our lame fashion outerwear as we dash past the Ralph Lauren window stopping just long enough to literally inhale as we take in the scene. It is the most beautiful window treatment I have seen in a long time.

Despite wearing only open mules in the rain, slipping and sliding back down the sidewalk after our gallery visit I still felt compelled to stop and take that window in fully. Take a walk during your lunch break this week and stroll by the Lauren store to experience the visual pleasure of the window. View it at 95 Newbury Street.

The exhibition of Cheryl Warrick: Invitation Inside will run through March 31st and is a must see. My favorite piece is called Amazed (2007) a 40x30” acrylic and mixed media on paper.

I am feeling very nostalgic this spring, looking at vintage fabrics, feminine lines and shapes that offer a soft look on the body. One designer I just discovered that delivers this type of look is Saja based in NYC 212-226-7570 www.Sajainc.com Beautiful stuff that is very feminine.

I found a few inexpensive make up options that I am really enjoying. I discovered a compact talc-free makeup at CVS by Milani Minerals. It was inexpensive & goes on with a simple cosmetic brush as smooth as silk. I also test drove a new product by Physicians Formula called Organic wear 100% natural origin pressed powder. I like the translucent light organics. This also brushes on very light and smooth. Keeping the spring look to a few basics makes it easy to get the morning ritual down.

I have sent a few customers this week down to American Apparel for leggings. There are two locations one at Dartmouth Street and Newbury Street in Boston and one on Brattle Street in Cambridge. American Apparel offers a cotton spandex jersey legging option in a ton of colors. They are a steal at $26.00 a pair and wash amazingly well in cold water wash, no dryer please. At work we are selling many long tunic options so the legging in spring colors like white and blush are a must.

I plan on getting my game back this week. I will have a more extensive fashion blog on Sunday.

Please remember all the wonderful Mothers out there this Sunday is Mother's Day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter