April 20, 2008

Passover

Many blessings to all who are celebrating the Passover holiday this week, April 20-April 27th. I was lucky to “invite” myself to Norwood to the Goldstein’s home to celebrate with Tslila and her family, it was fabulous.

Earth Day is celebrated on Tuesday April 22nd. At Eileen Fisher, Inc. we are celebrating this month with fabrics that reflect sustainable style such as organic linen pants, organic cotton dresses and organic cotton fine jersey & easy jersey tunics and tees. It feels so good to offer customers some choices that are environmentally conscious for their clothing purchases. Eileen Fisher, Inc. is running a number of outdoor ads this month in various city bus shelters so look for our ads in the Brookline and Cambridge areas. The same ad is also running today in The Boston Globe Magazine 4/20/2008 on page 7.

A fun place to visit this spring is the Classic Trends boutique

at 103 Union Street Newton Centre, MA.
Call ahead 617-558-3340 to meet my friend and the owner Verna Moretti she is great at styling for events. I know there are many graduations, weddings, bridal showers and bat/bar mitzvahs coming up this season.

Favorite things of mine:

Swatch watches- Swiss made watches that are functional, fun and quirky but last forever. I have had one of mine for eight years and another for fourteen years.

Born Shoes
www.bornshoes.com a great European brand, Havanianas flip- flops for bumming around town. www.havaianausa.com

Eye shadow by Urban Decay lots of great colors all available at Sephora

…leggings…still!

Eva Cassidy CDs- what a talent with a wonderful range from jazz and blues to traditional/spirituals.

What I will be wearing in my next life:
St. John knits- visit the St. John boutique at The Heritage on the Garden - Arlington and Boylston Streets directly across from Boston’s Public Garden.

Book of the Week – God is a Verb: Kabbalah and the practice of mystical Judaism by Rabbi David A. Cooper

I realize while writing this blog that not everyone is going to find agreement with my aesthetics. The opinions and comments I have in writing this blog do not represent the views of the companies showcased and in no way represents an endorsement of this work by any organization or persons. I would never send out unsolicited email. If you have received this notice of update to the blogspot, then you have in some way agreed to be on my list. If at any time you wish to be removed from the weekly update email, please respond to lschraffa@aol.com.

I owe birthday greetings to Danielle Catash Loughmiller and Nancy Berry so I want to give a shout-out to them both for being my friends for so long.



Give Mother Earth a big hug this week!







No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter