March 30, 2008

"Your Fired!"- The Donald

My one pop culture addiction is The Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump which just ended this week. I watched in horror as my guy Trace Adkins got to the final two only to be fired. I was very disappointed. Trace's charity is FAAN (Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network). Read more about this worthy charity and donate. Today for the first time in my life I indulged in country music as I downloaded Trace’s new single “You’re Gonna Miss This” to my IPOD Shuffle. Proceeds of the down load go toward the charity. I can hardly wait till the new season premiers. www.nbc.com/The_Celebrity_Apprentice
http://www.traceadkins.com/main/

The Eileen Fisher, Inc. update for this week:

Many channels exist for shopping the brand. This week I would like to feature our partner Garnet Hill -
Located at 231 Main Street Franconia, NH 03580-4803 1.800.870.3513
The Garnet Hill catalogue carries exclusive merchandise from Eileen Fisher Home as well as the Eileen Fisher clothing line.
www.garnethill.com

Meanwhile… back at the ranch…store…mall…
My product favorite of the week which I now own is the new hemp tunic, and I love it. What is it? Hemp is the classic earth-friendly fiber; it grows quickly, yields twice as much fiber as cotton and seldom requires the use of pesticides. Our fabulous earth friendly hemp knit is luxurious with a touch of sheen, the yarn is a rounded yarn that creates a smooth, polished look, adding sophistication to a simple tunic shape. I choose a beautiful shade of red called scarlet as my spring & summer color. I plan on pairing it with navy, white, and of course black. This v-neck cap sleeve tunic is great as a layering piece. Retail price is $158.00.

I know many of you computer literates who love to surf the net spending time online dating, shopping and finding entertainment on line with music and video. I am more of a technophobe than I should admit to. I have yet to become immersed in the Internet, using an older laptop computer and dial-up services and my AOL portal. My life is conducted mostly outside of cyberspace. I am in the process however at the urging of so many well intentioned readers to upgrade my computer to the MAC platform and to get Verizon FIOS installed and then pod cast this blog every week. Kicking and screaming I am moving into the new technology.

What I will be wearing in my next life-
Marni
Bergdorf Goodman NYC
http://www.marni-international.com/

Tuesday, April 22nd is Earth Day. As soon as I know how we will be celebrating this in the Eileen Fisher retail stores I will post details.
MFA Art in Bloom is running this year April 26-29th
www.mfa.org
Art in Bloom is a great way to enjoy floral demonstrations of installations paired with great art on display at the museum. That event can inspire us all to look at color combinations in a new and exciting way. This can jump start our creative use of color in our wardrobes this year.

Quote of the Week – Tell the truth at all times and in all places. It is better to have a reputation for truthfulness than one for wit, wisdom, or brilliancy.
Correct Manners, a Complete Handbook of Etiquette 19th century publication

Book of the week: The Four Agreements A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz 1997

Bon appĂ©tit! This week’s hot spot is found in Brighton for great eats and even better great coffee-
cafénation, inc.
http://www.cafenation.com/cafe/index.htm380 Washington Street Brighton, MA 02135

Stay well this week!




No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter