March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

For those of the Irish persuasion Happy Monday St. Patrick’s Day! Sorry the blog is a day late. I think this week is a mixed bag, sort of like my favorite snack from Whole Foods Market the dark chocolate bridge mix.

Save the Date (twice) both for Eileen Fisher, Inc events:

Saturday, March 29, 2008 shop for charity & receive 25.00 off your purchase of the day. 10% of the proceeds of all revenue for the day are awarded to Strong Women Strong Girls a local non profit.
www.swsg.org

May 22, 2008 (reschedule of the fall event cancelled due to my grandmother’s passing) The International Center for Spirit at Work & Eileen Fisher, Inc. host night of shopping and private event where I will speak about the social consciousness program at EF

Irony- Saturday the Boston Globe ran RECESSION across the front page and Bear Stearns went basically belly up: yet, earlier this week I read in another publications that luxury goods spending will top off at one trillion dollars by 2010.

To Do List for the week-

I implore you please get rid of the threadbare Tees sitting in your drawers or hanging in your closets go visit American Apparel for some spring replacements.


Check out Isaac Mizrahi for Target
www.target.com/isaac

Search the closets to find your favorite metallics in shoes, bags, belts and great fun costume jewelry- they are still in vogue if used with neutrals. Shine is great use matte/shimmer combinations.

For fun wear Converse Chucks this spring


Blues hues are a great pop of color to neutrals, this season invest in something for spring in turquoise, aquamarine or lapis blue

Let’s remember that fashion and style are always secondary to good health, a few tips on keeping healthy:

I have been using this product for about a month as a supplement and I find I have more energy overall, this product is available through Market America’s health consultant Marcia Ouellet in Watertown (781) 492-8281


Isotonix OPC-3® a dietary supplement


Organic products by Victoria Watson of East New York, she has developed the Matari Lukango line of bath salts and essential body massage oils see www.myspace.com/matarilukango this is the best bath salt product I have ever touched or smelled, it is so good you could scoop it up and eat it.

Over the last few weeks, I began investigating a system of medicine sanctioned by the World Health Organization called Ayurveda. It educates you about your body type as understood by ancient Indian (as in Sanskrit-Ayurvedic) tradition. I plan on updating you as I learn about doshas (mine being Kapha) and how to care for your body using the understanding of dosha energy and the Chakra system. I have an immune system that is compromised due to many allergies and a weak kidney system so maybe this adjustment to my lifestyle will assist with those challenges. I will keep you posted.

Another area I will be researching is what we put into our bodies vis a vis our diet. We cannot look good if we are overweight or unhealthy due to the foods we ingest. It will not matter what your style or favorite designer is if your body is not fit.

Eat local and eat organic foods. Shop at Russos 560 Pleasant Street Watertown, MA 617-923-1502 www.russos.com A cheaper alternative to Whole Foods Market.

You must check out Verrill Farm at 11 Wheeler Road in Concord, MA www.verrillfarm.com or 978-369-4494 they not only offer local produce but now have beef that is local, natural and raised without hormones, antibiotics or additives. Fire up the grill.

Use www.localharvest.org to get your food from closer sources to your city or town via a CSA.

Some books about food that have been recommendations which I have yet to research but will pass on are Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver.
In Defense of Food: An Eater’s manifesto by Michael Pollan and
Hope's Edge: The Next Diet for a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappe and Anna Lappe

Restaurant of the week is Chiara Bistro 569 High Street in Westwood, MA the best gnocchi appetizer I have ever tasted.

Where I will be shopping and what I will be shopping for in my next life:
Rodarte from Barney’s New York - NYC

Till next week, Happy Shopping!












No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter