March 9, 2008

All things Denim

Greetings All!

I sat down for coffee and croissants with Andrew Morris last Sunday and while I am obsessing over the Lavender Label Vera Wang – available at Neiman Marcus he is obsessing with all things young at heart.

It has taken me seven pages of hand written notes and a week to recover from that breakfast meeting and process all of his great information and recommendations.

You may remember him from my Nov 7th 2007 posting. I introduced him as my 'guy' connection, but now he is my ‘jean’ connection and point person for all things young, hip and cool. Andrew Morris at Nordstrom the Natick Collection in The Rail. He is a great resource to help with any fashion questions and purchases. Call him at 508-318-2600 ext. 1530 to make a shopping appointment. When he is not mentoring me on denim he is at the fashion program at Framingham State College
amorris1@stumail.frc.mass.edu.

The first order of business was for Andrew to take me through the top brands in jeans right now. Everyone who knows me well knows that I do not even own a pair of blue jeans. Personally, I hate the fit on my body. I, being the Princess and the Pea, cannot stand anything tight, binding or constricting. I know many of you love the youthful look of a great pair of jeans and I trust Andrew to guide you all on your search for the perfect pair. His advise to us all is to own seven pairs of well styled, good fitting jeans. We talked about the brands I had heard of and his favorites:

Paper Denim & Cloth (available at Lord and Taylor and Macy’s)
www.1921jeans.com
Levi Strauss & Co. www.levisstore.com Levi Premium, vintage Levi 501s
Mavi Organic
Rock & Republic
Citizens of Humanity (Nordstrom)
True Religion
J Brand Jeans
7 For All Mankind (Nordstrom)
William Rast
Paige Premium Denim
Taverniti
Chip and Pepper
Hudson
Antik
Earnest Sewn

Shopping for jeans in store Andrew suggests Nordstrom, naturally! Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Barneys New York, and TJX stores. On line he likes the Neiman’s web site as well as
www.revolveclothing.com

I left Andrew and thought about what I was wearing when I was in my twenties back in the day, circa 1984. I was part of the era of Doc Martens
www.drmartens.com right out of the 80’s Clash videos. I still love the time of my youth beginning with 1964 my birth and ending around 1989- starting with Mod in the 60’s right up through Madonna. Although I did not grow in fashion during the British invasion of the ‘60s Mod I was influenced by ‘60s-era London, (my love for the Beatles is still strong even today). A few of my favorite fashion things from across the pond:

Rimmel London makeup at Target
Ben Sherman clothing
www.Bensherman.com
Luella Bartley www.luella.com
Katharine Hamnett
Ghost UK

What I love at work this week is the Eileen Fisher, Inc. eco fabric story for spring. We have a fabulous earth-friendly hemp knit. The new hemp is a rounded yarn that creates a smooth, polished look with just a touch of sheen. I have three offerings a tunic, a box top and a shaped cardigan. Wonderful color options include dark natural, bleu, graphite and papyrus.

Speaking of knits, I have been working with Wren Ross on private voice over coaching and it turns out that she designs and works with hand knits. A few of my favorites as I perused her portfolio of designs are the caplet, the eternity shawl designed with yarns from Nepal, her hats and bags and best of all her hand knit yoga scarf/shawl. Exquisite.
http://www.wrenross.com/knitting.htm

Service Provider of the Week- tax season is upon us Lee D. Sanderson, CPA in Framingham
(508) 620-5353

The seed of God is in us...Pear seeds grown into pear trees, hazel seeds into hazel trees, and God seeds into God. - Meister Eckhart

Till next week, be well and be blessed - Lisa Ann



No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter