May 29, 2012

Pat McGrath

Ladies I have not been much of a blogger these many, many months. The stress in caring for a terminally ill family member has made me very much not myself. I have had my hand in bedpans and my mind on end of life issues.

One great read has been: A Bittersweet Season Caring For Our Aging Parents-And Ourselves by Jane Gross. With out this read I may have well stuck my head into the oven at 250 Webster Street and turned the heat up to 350 degrees. Stick a fork in me I am done.

On occasion as I sit with my Mom by her hospital bed I will bring in a few fashion magazines to read as she rests. It seems so abnormal to be reading about something as frivolous as the fashion trend of the moment but it brings me great relief to see beauty and color. I think for me that is what fashion is - art.

One of my favorite ladies is fashion's top makeup artist Pat McGrath. I can look at her work all day as shown on the runways and on models in print and be inspired that using make-up and color can create art on the face. It is magnificent.

Interestingly, COVERGIRL picked some 16 shades of lip sticks that Pat used on the runway.
I bought one myself #325 Spellbound Lip Perfection from www.covergirl.com

It made me feel good to have some color in my cloudy life. Lifted my spirits if only temporarily.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter