June 8, 2011

The Blessing Basket Project


Ah, today, I am running around town on this hot summer day schlepping a basket.

A handmade basket from Ghana made especially for me by Anamoo Akuribire.

Yes they include the person's name whom you are assisting in Ghana by purchasing this basket.

I purchased my basket at Whole Foods Market in Newton, MA. They had a huge partnership with The Blessing Basket Project and were having a sale one day at my Newton, Whole Foods store.
My $40.00 purchase will allow Anamoo Akuribire to plant crops, buy livestock and reduce poverty in the community. Theresa Wilson is the Founder of the organization and is very inspiring.

So! if you see me running around Newton or Chestnut Hill with this huge basket as a "purse" stop and ask me about it, better yet buy one for yourself and support a great cause.

On another note look at his picture, is this not the most handsome guy ever...let me tempt you with his photo...more details to follow on him! Leite Marcelus my good friend and colleague at the Mall at Chestnut Hill.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter