April 5, 2010

Old School








I feel somewhat compelled to follow up on my radio event of last Wednesday with a statement that indeed everything old is suddenly new.

The classics are coming back.

Some brands that I wore back in, YES! indeed, the 1980s, are coming back stronger than ever.

They never really left us, however, I am seeing them appear in various fashion shoots. Just recently these brands came up all in a single magazine issue and I thought WOW this is too cool for old school.

My all time favorite are Keds an American Classic sneaker going back to 1916. Another favorite footwear are my dr. martens boot. They are turning 50 years old this year. I have seen a return of the infamous saddle shoe as well.

GAP rolled out the Gap 1969 Premium Jeans which features a collection of jeans, jackets, shirts and vests celebrating the inception of the jean in 1969.

Lacoste a true favorite of those of us who went to high school between 1979-1982, that cute, little, french alligator came to life in 1933.

RayBan sunglasses eye wear began in 1937 and is still going strong.

The classics as I said in my interview with John are back with a bit of a modern twist.

Speaking of classics- I have been sucked into this season of Trump's celebrity apprentice show and I must say one of my all time personal favorite fashion icons and music industry mavens is there and I love her even more as she seasons.

She is non other than, Madam Cyndi Lauper. She was one of those women in the 80s who I tried to emulate, with a bit of a toned down version of her outfits of course.

She is the new Viva Glam M.A.C. Cosmetics spokeswomen along with Lady Gaga. Please buy a lipstick as all of the price of the stick goes to the M.A.C. AIDS FUND.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter