January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone. I did not make it to usher that 2009 across, I was in bed by 10:22pm- but remember those days when we all could not wait to stay up to see the new year in.  I have a question does anyone remember Guy Lombardo? (1902-1977)

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear, 
For auld lang syne. 
We'll take a cup o 'kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne. 

Translated from the Scottish:
Should old acquaintances be forgotten and never remembered. Should old acquaintance be forgotten. For old long ago. For old long ago, my dear, For old long ago. We will take a cup of kindness yet For old long ago 

Aud Lang Syne by Robert Burns (1759-1796)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter