May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Style and Fashion update for the week-

Grab a copy of Natural Health June 2008 off the news stand and turn to page 67 to view the 2008 Natural Health Conscious Choice Awards. Eileen Fisher Inc. is listed as the natural fiber pioneer and our hemp sweater is the feature product.

Everything is currently in the store for spring/summer 2008 and I am taking appointments. I had a client in on Friday and we really did very well with some beautiful pieces in our newest color Capri.

I have been all over various magazines and noticed very high ticket items being touted for this season. As much as I love beautiful things and I sure do love designer things, I simply cannot chuck out $379.00 for one summer dress.

So here are a few shopping tips for budget driven shoppers.

Check out Go International at Target. Rogan for Target just arrived via Rogan Gregory of Loomstate denim and EDUN fame. The theme is very Safari. This is a strong theme everywhere this summer. Maybe the new Hollywood movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is everyone’s inspiration and tone this season. The movie by the way was very much fun. I took it in this holiday weekend on date night with my friends the Connors. I am happy to report that Harrison Ford is still looking wonderful. The big screen is so very good to him.

Personally, I did not have much luck with the Rogan for Target offering but what I did score big with and could have bought more of, was the contemporary premium collection One Star for Target. Converse is celebrating a 100th birthday and has a great summer product offering at astonishingly low price points at Target. I loved the casual sports wear feel of the pieces. There was a ton of blue and white, always a classic summer color combo. It is offered both in clothing and shoes. I was delighted by all the great things I found to add to my summer casual clothing.

Higher end Converse is offered as Converse by John Varvatos. Check out Converse at
www.target.com before you do any high end shopping. I also am still following Vera Wang and the Simply Vera at Kohl’s products to augment my budget shopping. I love this option as another great relaxed look at a very good price point. At Mother’s Day I stumbled upon Zara in the Natick Collection’s new renovation at the mall. There I found a very good store for well priced, super fun pieces in great summer prints. The linen was surprisingly inexpensive and very high quality.

Parsons and the Fashion Institute of Technology seem to be producing a ton of young, new designers. Fall should prove interesting with a number of these young upstarts showing first collections.

A few designers I am currently following are
http://www.louise-amstrup.com/
www.luella.com & http://www.soledadtwombly.com/home.html but once again these are wish list items, but I love to see all the possibilities.

Here are a few things from my personal style guide that I cannot live without this summer:
A new pair of Keds
Aviator sun glasses
Tickets to the Newport Jazz Festival
Casio G Shock watch
One new Michael Stars tee or tank
Punk accessories- think the Desperately Seeking Susan era of my youth.
BBC Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Everything (1992-2005) my all time favorite gals Edina and Patsy bring the funniest britcom ever to your home. DVD release date is Tuesday May 27th.
CD- the Radio Knives Hello Hell from Stephen Fay’s band
www.theradioknives.com



May is a big birthday month for the Schraffa’s
Happy Birthday to MOM (65), Paul (40) and Susan (as a mere in-law I will not reveal her age)

May 29th 1917- Brookline MA- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, second son of Rose Fitzgerald and Joseph P. Kennedy was born at 83 Beals Street which is now a national historic site.

I have had the good fortune of being off from work this Memorial Day Holiday. Three days of restful bliss. Did you know that this holiday was once known as Decoration Day. Today we use this holiday to commemorate U.S. men and women who perished while in military service to their country. This holiday was first enacted to honor Union soldiers of the Civil War, it was expanded after WWI to include casualties of any war or military action. Sadly, we find ourselves still at war.














.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter