November 5, 2010

The insanity starts...

It is not even Thanksgiving week yet, and all the stores have holiday paraphernalia out including holiday music (Sears Natick Collection). I love Christmas, do not misunderstand me, but have we even eaten up all our Halloween candy yet?

Well, getting into the spirit of all things holiday I did set out to quest the real red lipstick of the season. I am amazed at how hard it is to find a really friendly, good red. Not my best color so I was really at a deficit trying on shades but I think I have it down to three:

Drugstore friendly favorite Maybelline #635 in Very Cherry, a rich red or also drugstore at the ready is Loreal Colour Riche #315 in True Red, very close in red to the #635 option.

I am selecting also a MAC option, A90 Ruby Woo - I know, I know, I swore off MAC lipsticks as too drying but the red is really good. Good color or dry lips?

I will just blend these three this holiday season. I am going to try to wear red lips which will be very out of character for me.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter