August 23, 2009

Denim as in true blue!

J. Brand Jeans - sit a bit higher on the waist than most!





Skinny Pants
Nolita by Element Eden
Organic Jeans MERCER also by Element Eden

Hello good people. I am finally coming up for air, as in recovery. I had a shocking flu that left me out of commission from Wed. night till yesterday. I am finally out of bed today.

I need to start thinking about fall fashions. I recently found two favorite looks both from J. Brand. The first pair are the 210 Olso in Midnight retailing at $178.00 & the second is the 219 Juliette in Indigo retails at $187.00

Whenever I write about jeans, I feel like such a fraud. I simply do not wear enough of them. I just cannot find ones that I love the fit on my body type and I get too lazy after a long day at work in retail to go out trying on various dungarees. I have found two great pair at work that I have been wearing- both from our organic collection. I plan to get out there this fall, I am going out there on the hunt. I shall have to take a day off and take myself shopping for a great pair of fall denim.

In the meantime to save you all a few steps in your own process here are a few suggestions off my list of to do-s:

Check out good old GAP . They are having their 40th birthday and launching its 1969 premium jeans collection under the watchful eye of Patrick Robinson. He is the executive vice president of design. He claims that a variety of iconic shapes, all fits, all rinses and distressing are on hand this season and many are under sixty bucks.

Remember that the skinny jean is still the jeans look for this season. Jeans that emulate the legging shape and style are hot also. We need to embrace a pair of skinnies.

My honest advise to all is go somewhere and get expert help- in other words not to rely on some novice such as myself. Go visit Jean Therapy right here in Boston at 524 Commonwealth Avenue. Leah Eckelberger the owner is like the goddess of denim. The store has many great brands offered.

Meanwhile I love two looks from two very different brands this fall J Brand and Element Eden . The fall look books for these brands are great. I try to cut and paste up some of the looks here, but ah...alas to no avail....


No comments:

Blog Archive

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter